The Bug Man Inc. was started in 1985 in Adrian, Michigan. We opened a second office in Mason (near Lansing) in 1987. The Adrian office was sold in 1998 and we no longer have a presence in Lenawee County. The Mason office is owned by Bob Yoakam (President) and Don Whelpley (Vice President).
Our Code of Ethics
* Honor – We do not take advantage of the customer’s lack of knowledge, or fears. If we feel a treatment is unnecessary, we say so.
* Promptness – Our goal is to be on time. If we think we will be more than 10 minutes late we will attempt to call the customer.
* Friendliness – We are willing to answer the questions and speak to the specific concerns of our customers.
* Customer Satisfaction – We work hard to maintain our excellent reputation with our customers.
* Professionalism – We understand that we are working with potentially dangerous chemicals. We know the risks to ourselves and our customers. Therefore, we take the precautions necessary to reduce the risks and to make sure that the pesticides are used in a manner consistent with their labeling.
The Bug Men
I’ve been doing pest control work since 1983. I became owner/president of The Bug Man in 1985. My wife, Kelly, and I try to follow Jesus our Shepherd. Kelly and I have two children:Amy and Ryan. Amy and her husband, Mike, have blessed us with 4 grandsons and Ryan and his wife, McKayla, have blessed us with two more grandsons…so far :o). My hobbies are reading, table tennis and board games.
He is a co-owner of The Bug Man, Inc. He lives in Holt with his wife, Gwen, and children. He’s actively involved in church and family activities when he’s not helping you with your pest problems. He is a graduate of Spring Arbor College and Asbury Theological Seminary. He enjoys pest control because it is about helping people.
I have one son. I love to spend time with him. We shoot bow or ride bikes or go for woods walks. I enjoy playing bass at our church in the band, like helping people, and look forward to helping solve your bug woes!
Pest control has quickly become the most interesting and exciting job I’ve ever had. Outside of bug work, I like playing various instruments, audio engineering, computers, and video games. My primary goal is to assist people with anything I can as the Lord would have me do.
I enjoy spending time with my friends and going to the movies. I am learning to play banjo and mandolin. I enjoy meeting people and look forward to helping with your pest control needs.